Taught by Chris Richardson, an experienced software architect, author and serial entrepreneur.
Hands on Microservices workshop
Audience: Developers and architects
Duration: 3 days, private on-site
Format: Lectures, discussions and labs
In this class you will learn a modern approach for building scalable, highly available and easily maintainable applications. We will describe the microservices architecture and show how it enables the agile development and deployment of applications. The course is very hands on and is a combination of short lectures and hands on development. By the end of the class you will have built a couple of microservices and deployed them using Docker.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of microservices
- Building RESTful microservices with Spring Boot
- Developing event-driven microservices with event sourcing
- Deploying microservices using Docker
- Refactoring to microservices